Theater, music, painting, architecture, photography/film/video, sculpture, design, performance, fashion
Residency Period / Application Period
● Residency period:
○ [Ongoing AIR] May 20 to July 20, 2016
○ [Ongoing AIR AWARD] July 28 to September 28, 2016
● Application period: December 20, 2015 to February 20, 2016
* Any residency/application periods after those mentioned above will be announced on the website.
Number of Resident Artists
One group per period
Conditions / Provisions
○ Age limit: over 20 years and older
○ Nationality requirement: None
○ Other requirements: Have travel insurance for the residency period
○ Traveling expense: Not Available
○ Production Fee: Not Available
○ Living expense: Available (only for recipients of Ongoing AIR AWARD)
○ Professional and staff support: Available
○ Opportunities for presentation/exhibitions: Available
* 2-week exhibition
○ Publication and distribution of activity report: Not available
Selection based on submitted documents
Art Center Ongoing
Refer to “Contact Information for Inquiries”
○ Studios: Available
* 6 m2
* Within the accommodation facility
○ Exhibit Space: Available
* 30 m2
* Resident artists can exhibit their program results for two weeks at the end of the residency period.
○ Accommodation: Available
* 10 m2
* One room in a house (40 m2)
10-minute walk from downtown Kichijoji. The facility is located on a quiet residential street.
15-minute walk from JR/Keio Kichijoji Station on the Inokashira Line
A complex art facility, Art Center Ongoing has been engaged in independent artistic activities in Kichijoji, Tokyo since 2008. Aiming at continually expanding its network, it started this program in April 2013 to invite excellent artists and curators from Japan and the rest of the world.
Year of (Program) Commencement
By providing domestic and international artists with residency opportunities to produce and present their works, Art Center Ongoing aims to form and develop its network of artists in cooperation with the program participants.
A residency program for artists to produce works during a two-month stay at the accommodation facility. To show the program results, an exhibition event is held at Art Center Ongoing.
● Ongoing AIR – Ongoing AIR: Accommodation charge for two months: 150,000 yen; Exhibition fee: no charge
● Ongoing AIR AWARD – Ongoing AIR: Accommodation charge for two months: no charge; Exhibition fee: no charge
* Applicants to Ongoing AIR AWARD are required to submit at least two letters of recommendation when applying.
* Simultaneous application to both the Ongoing AIR program and Ongoing AIR AWARD program is possible. (However, submitting application forms specific to each program is required.)
* In either program, participants need to bear the costs of travel and production and living expenses during their program stay.
15 artists have been invited since April 2013. Exhibition were held.
Daniela Imhoff, Deirdre McKenna, Fuyuka Shindo, Jamie Mumford, Kateryna Berlova, LINDSLEE (Lindsey James Lee), Liu Yao Chung, Martin Boyle, Nicolas Carrier, Sarah Loibl, Syo Yoshihama, Takehiro Iikawa, Takuya Yamashita, Yonatan Geron, Øyvind Renberg
November 17, 2016